What Is NEET
- For the admission of MBBS or BDS courses across India, the most popular entrance exam is NEET,
which stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test
- NEET is a single national-level entrance exam for undergraduate medical courses in the country.
This exam is conducted by the board named National Testing Agency (NTA).
- Along with MBBS, BDS, the score of this exam is valid for AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga, Naturopathy,
Unani, Siddha, Sowa-Rigpa, and Homoeopathy), Veterinary, and other graduate-level medical
courses across India.
- On October 4, 2019, the Government of India had decided to merge AIIMS (All India Institute of
Medical Science) and JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research)
with NEET(for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test), as earlier these schools were conducting
separate exams for MBBS/ BDS.
- Dates of Notification for NEET 2022, Release of application form, Last date to fill application
form, and release of admit cards are yet to be confirmed but a tentative exam date of 2nd may
2022 is released from the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- The exam will be in a Pen-paper Format (Offline) for 3 hours. You can check every detail at this
official website neet.nta.nic.in.
Who Is Eligible?
1. The student should have cleared the 10+2 exam with Physics, chemistry, and biology (zoology &
Botany) with at least 50%.
2. Students must be between 17 to 25 years of age and Indian by Nationality.
3. Student must qualify marks in Entrance exam name NEET depending on, Unreserved – 50%, OBC/ST/SC –
40%, PwD – 45%
Documents Required for NEET Application Form
- Identity Card: It includes an Aadhaar card, ration card, bank account passbook,
passport, or any other government photo ID card.
- Personal Details: Personal and communication details include the name of parents,
date of birth, permanent and corresponding address, email id, and mobile number.
- Images: Scanned copy of recent passport and postcard size photograph, signature,
and left thumb impression.
Steps while filling NEET Application form
I. NEET 2022 New Registration:
A. Click on, the “New Candidate Registration”
B. Read all the instructions and click Proceed
C. Fill in required information that is marked with *
D. If the filled details are correct then click next and tick all the checkboxes, click next.
E. Choose a Strong Password and re-enter it.
II. Application Form Filling
A. Login with your Registration number and password.
B. Fill in Personal Details.
C. Select Medium of Question Paper.
D. Select Examination Centers
E. Fill Permanent and Correspondence Address.
F. Fill Details of Parents and Guardians.
G. Choose the option for the dress code.
H. Enter security pin and click on preview and submit.
I. Review your entries, tick all boxes and click on Final submit.
J. Upload Scanned Images of Photograph, Signature and Left Thumb Impression, and 10th class
1. Rules for Photograph:
a. Passport size must be 20Kb to 50Kb.
b. The photograph must be in white background, focusing on 80% face and ears visible. It must
not be with a cap or goggles, spectacles will be allowed only if worn regularly.
c. Polaroid and Computer-generated photos are not allowed.
2. Rules for Signature:
a. The Signature of the Candidate must be in his/her running handwriting on White paper with
a Black ink pen.
b. The signature should not be signed in Capital letters and it must be in the range of 5Kb
to 20 Kb.
3. Rules for Left-Thumb Impression:
a. Candidate must use his/her left-hand thumb impression on White paper with blue ink only.
b. In case of left thumb being unavailable, a right thumb impression may be used.
c. The file size must range in between 10Kb to 400Kb.
4. Rules for 10th Passing Certificate:
a. A scanned copy of the 10th passing certificate must be used which should range between
100Kb to 400Kb.
III. Fee Payment
A. After completing the above steps, you will be redirected automatically to the link for fee
payment; you must follow all the instructions & submit the application fee.
B. You can pay through a Debit card/ Credit Card/ Net banking/ E-wallet.
C. Fee Structure to be Paid online:
- General - INR 1500
- Other Category – INR 1200
- Person with Disability - No fees.
IV.Take the printout of the Confirmation Page:
A. After the payment of the fee, a candidate may take out a print of the confirmation page.
B. You can keep at least three copies of the confirmation page
C. If you are a candidate from Jammu & Kashmir who have opted for 15% seats under the All India
Quota, must retain a copy of the system-generated Self Declaration.
Syllabus for NEET 2022:
While preparing for any exam, Students must be aware of what’s going to come in their way and that
can only be determined by the study of the syllabus. No matter how big or small the exam is,
Syllabus is the basis of every study, and preparing accordingly will help in the long run. The
syllabus of the NEET 2022 exam is divided into 3 sections, namely Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Check out the list of topics in every section:
I. Topics in Physics for NEET 2022:
- Physical-world and measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy, and Power
- The motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- The behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Oscillations and Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
II. Topics in Chemistry for NEET 2022
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- Redox Reactions
- S-Block Element
- P-Block Elements
- Organic Chemistry-
- Solid State
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- P- Block Elements
- D and F Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
III.Topics in Biology for NEET 2022
- Diversity in Living World
- Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
- Cell Structure and Function
- Plant Physiology
- Human physiology
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and Its Applications
- Ecology and environment
Study Material for NEET 2022
For cracking NEET 2022 with maximum marks, you need to prepare from the best possible books. The
addition of NCERT books with reference books is the best plan for increasing your score. Study
materials can be used to brush up on the basics, while reference books will help students with
building the concepts as the basics are already cleared. In NEET 2022 every minute is precious;
Student should dedicate their time to question solving and time management.
Questions asked in NEET exams are mostly from the NCERT syllabus, and those students who had already
prepared from these books can solve maximum questions in minimum time. Step by step you have to
follow your Study Material first then, NCERT books from the 11th standard, and at the end, start
Reference Books. Here a are few Books to prepare from according to subjects,
I. List of Books for Physics
- Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma
- Objective Physics by DC Pandey
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker
- Fundamental Physics by Pradeep
- Problems in General Physics by IE Irodov
- Physics for NEET by C.P. Singh
- 40 Days Physics for NEET by S.B. Tripathi
II. List of Books for Chemistry:
- ABC of Chemistry for Classes 11 and 12 by Modern
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by JD Lee
- Dinesh Chemistry Guide
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison
- Objective Chemistry by R.K. Gupta
- Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- Boyd for Organic Chemistry
- 40 Days Chemistry for NEET by Sudhanshu Thakur
- Practice book by VK Jaiswal (Inorganic)
- Practice book MS Chauhan (Organic)
- Practice book N Awasthi (Physical)
III. List of Books for Biology:
- Biology Vol 1 and Vol 2 by Trueman
- Objective Biology by Dinesh
- Objective Botany by Ansari
- Pradeep Guide on Biology
- GRB Bathla publications for Biology
- 40 Days Biology for NEET by S. Chakravarty
- Trueman’s Objective Biology for NEET by M.P Tyagi
Exam Pattern of NEET 2022
Before applying for any exam, we need to get familiar with Exam patterns. This will not only help you in planning your paper but also keep you mentally prepared. We have jotted down the points that students need to know before applying for this National Level Exam
- The Exam is conducted offline i.e. pen and paper mode.
- Duration of Exam is 3 (10.00 a.m. to 01.00 p.m.)Hours while total numbers of questions are 200, out of which you have to solve only 180.
- Each question carries 4 marks, making a total of 720 marks.
- The Exam is divided into 3 sections – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. These are in the format of the objective-type questions, with four options to choose from
- Each Subject is divided into two sections in the format of 35+15. In the first section, all the 35 questions are compulsory while in the second section out of 15 questions you have to solve only 10 questions.
- If in the second section you are confident about more than 10 questions, then the 1st ten questions you’ll solve will be taken into consideration for marking.
- NEET 2022 will be conducted in 13 Languages, giving more choices to the candidates in terms of opting for languages they are comfortable in
1. The student will be awarded four marks for each correct answer.
2. For every incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted.
3. If a question is unanswered, no mark will be deducted.
4. The question in which two or more than two responses are marked on the OMR sheet will be considered as incorrect and one mark will be deducted for it
According to NEET exams, students are given OMR sheets to mark their responses with a ballpoint pen. Thus, it is important to know everything about the OMR sheet and how to mark your responses on it.
Points to remember while using the OMR sheet
1. OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) sheet is used to mark the answers to the question asked in NEET. The answers have to be marked using a ballpoint pen which will be provided in the exam hall.
2. Students are not allowed to change the answer, if students are marking two or more than two responses for a question, one mark will be deducted.
3. Erasing any information printed on the OMR sheet is an offense.
4. Students must perform rough work on the Test Booklet only.
5. Students must mark the booklet code on the OMR Sheet.
Preparation Tips for NEET 2022
- Students are great at making a plan to crack any exam, but executing the plan or that timetable is a work of strength. You need to know your most effective hour and start preparation for NEET 2022 in those hours.
- The next step for NEET preparations understanding the type of question asked in the exam. You can refer to the previous year's question papers and give as many mock tests as you can.
- Physics and Chemistry comprise of both theoretical and numerical questions, so students need to focus on both equally.
- If you are looking for a subject to score more on, then Biology is for you. Topper says Biology is very important, as it is a theoretical subject and its MCQ can be solved quickly. Also, marks of this subject are considered when there is a tie in terms of ranking.
- Students need to choose the topic related to the subject carefully as it will help them to score more marks and hence improve their rank.
- Lastly, any preparation is incomplete without solving mock tests. Students should try to solve the mock test in one sitting while timing themselves analyzing the result and trying to figure out their weaknesses and which topics they need to focus
- For Biology, Learn the strongest topic with the most weightage, understand Diagram. In this way, you will cover more topics in less time.
- For Physics, focus on numerical; create a list of formulas & laws discussed in the chapter.
- For Chemistry, focus on chemical equations and diagrams. After completing a chapter, make a list of formulas and chemical equations.
- Students should read NCERT line by line; they should mark every important line and fact with a highlighter and prepare notes simultaneously.
Previous year NEET Cut-off
Here, the previous year's cut-off is given for every category along with the range. Do check it out and prepare accordingly to get selected for MBBS admissions.
- General Category Students have to score in the range of 720-147
- SC/ST/OBC Category Students have to score in the range of 146-113
- General- Physically Handicapped (PH/PwD)Category Students have to score in the range of 146- 129
- SC/ST/OBC- Physically Handicapped (PH/PwD)Category Students have to score in the range of 128-113
- The Information Bulletin contains detailed information of Test, Syllabus of the exam, eligibility criteria to appear for the exam, Reservation, Examination fee, Cities of Examination, State Code of eligibility, The Quota of Seats, Age, PwD, Admission Norms, etc
- Students are advised to read all the instructions provided in the information bulletin and admit card carefully.
- Students can download the Information bulletin from the website www.nta.ac.in
Official Contact Details for NEET 2022
- The Deputy Secretary, National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test Unit
- Website - www.nta.ac.in
- Email - email@example.com
- Phone Number - 011-22041807, 011 - 22041808,
- Fax No.-011-22509251
- Toll Free No. - 1800118002