What is MD?
- MD (Doctor of Medicine) is a postgraduate degree in which graduates study medicine in depth.
- It is a two-year program that prepares medical graduates in illness research, prevention,
diagnosis, and treatment.
- A person with an MBBS degree can pursue an MD degree to specialize in a field of medicine of his
or her choice.
- It aids in precise disease diagnosis and therapy planning.
Who is eligible for MD?
To pursue MD, candidates must fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria:
- In order to pursue MD, candidates must meet the authority's qualifying requirements. A
combination of educational qualifications, registration, and internship requirements are among
the eligibility conditions.
- It should be mentioned that in order to qualify for NEET PG admission, candidates must meet the
NEET PG eligibility requirements. Those seeking admission through any other institute where NEET
PG marks are not required should take this into account as well.
While completing the Doctorate Degree, candidates can choose the Specialization and the Course they
want to study, Following are the Specializations you can do while opting for Doctor of Medicine.
- Pulmonary Medicine
Entrance Exams for MD
To get admission to any of the above Medical Specialization Course, you are required to pass an
entrance exam; there are various exams to choose from. They are as follows,
NEET PG (National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test
AIIMS PG (All India Institute of Medical Sciences Post
PGIMER (Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and
JIPMER PG (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical
Education and Research Post Graduate)