What is NEET PG?
- NEET-PG is an eligibility-cum-ranking examination specified as the single entrance test for
admission to various MD/MS and PG Diploma Courses.
- No other entrance exam, whether at the state or institutional level, will be accepted for
admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma programs.
- NEET PG certification is required for admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma programs at various
universities and institutions across the country. Even international citizens seeking admission
to medical schools in India must complete the NEET PG.
Who is eligible?
- Candidates with an MBBS degree or a Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate recognized under the
requirements of the NMC Act are eligible to apply.
- A year of experience certificate is required in addition to the degree or certificate. The
candidate is eligible to apply for NEET PG 2023. Candidates who have completed a one-year
internship or who are on track to finish one on or before June 30, 2023, are eligible to apply.
- Indian citizens or Overseas Indian citizens who obtained their primary medical qualifications
from colleges of medicine outside of India must have passed the National Board of Examinations'
Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (Screening Test).
- For the 12 month-Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship, candidates have to mention the
internship starting date and completion date.
Documents Required for NEET Application Form
- Identity Card:It includes an Aadhaar card, ration card,
bank account passbook, passport, or any other government photo ID card.
- Personal Details: Personal and communication details
include the name of parents, date of birth, permanent and corresponding address, email id, and
- Images:Scanned copy of recent passport and postcard size
photograph, signature, and left thumb impression.
Steps while filling NEET Application form
I. NEET 2023 New Registration:
A. Click on, the “New Candidate Registration”
B. Read all the instructions and click Proceed
C. Fill in required information that is marked with *
D. If the filled details are correct then click next and tick all the checkboxes, click next.
E. Choose a Strong Password and re-enter it.
II. Application Form Filling
A. Login with your Registration number and password.
B. Fill in educational information.
C. Click on Final submit.
D. Upload Scanned Images of Photograph, Signature, Certificate of Intership, and MBBS Degree or
1. Rules for Photograph
A. Passport size must be 20Kb to 50Kb
B. The photograph must be in white background, focusing on 80% face and ears visible. It must not
be with a cap or goggles, spectacles will be allowed only if worn regularly.
C. Polaroid and Computer-generated photos are not allowed.
2. Rules for Signature
A. The Signature of the Candidate must be in his/her running handwriting on White paper with a
Black ink pen.
B. The signature should not be signed in Capital letters and it must be in the range of 5Kb to 20
3. Rules for Internship Certificate
A. A scanned copy of the Internship Certificate must be used which should range between 50Kb to
4. Rules for MBBS Degree or Provisional Certificate:
A. A scanned copy of the MBBS Degree or Provisional Certificate must be used which should range
between 50Kb to 300Kb.
III. Fee Payment
A. After completing the above steps, you will be redirected automatically to the link for fee
payment; you must follow all the instructions & submit the application fee.
B. You can pay through a Debit card/ Credit Card/ Net banking/ E-wallet.
C. Fee Structure to be Paid online
- General/OBC - INR 5015
- SC/ST/A person with a Disability – INR 3835
IV. Take the printout of the Confirmation Page
A. After the payment of the fee, a candidate may take out a print of the confirmation page.
B. You can keep at least three copies of the confirmation page.
C. If you are a candidate from Jammu & Kashmir who have opted for 15% seats under the All India
Quota, must retain a copy of the system-generated Self Declaration.
Syllabus for NEET PG 2023
Before beginning their exam preparation for the NEET PG 2023 entrance exam, students should review
the curriculum established by the exam regulating authority. The Graduate Medical Education
Regulations are used to create the NEET PG 2023 syllabus. The Medical Council of India is in charge
of enforcing the rules
- Forensic Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Radiodiagnosis and Radiotherapy
- Surgery, ENT, Orthopedics, Anesthesia.
- Medicine Dermatology and Venereology
- Social and Preventive Medicine.
Study Material for NEET PG 2023
The following books can aid candidates in their preparation for NEET PG 2023. These books contain
questions that follow the exact exam pattern and will provide applicants with an understanding of
the various types and categories of questions they can expect from various subjects.
- DAMS Beat The NEET
- All India PG Medical Entrance Exam with Answers
- Postgraduate Medical Entrance Exam, Volume 2 & 3
- DNB CET Review for Primary and Post Diploma
- Self Assessment and Review of NEET Pattern Question
Exam Pattern of NEET PG 2023
Before taking the exam, it is critical to grasp the topic areas, as well as the marks distribution
and NEET PG exam pattern. The NEET PG 2023 test is divided into three portions with a total of 200
marks. The exam lasts 210 minutes, and there is no set time limit for completing each section;
instead, the candidate is free to set his own pace.
- NEET PG 2023 test pattern will be announced by the exam conducting authority, the National Board
of Examinations (NBE), along with the NEET PG 2023 notice.
- Candidates will be given the option of appearing in either the morning or afternoon session.
- NEET PG 2023 will be held in an online format, i.e. a computer-based test (CBT).
- The weighting of MCQs in each specialty is solely illustrative and tentative. NBE maintains the
right to change, vary, or amend the same at any time.
- There are 200 questions in the NEET PG 2023 Exam Booklet. The questions are all of the
Subject Wise Weightage
The NEET PG exam consists of 200 questions covering 15 areas from the MBBS curriculum. The topics
covered in NEET PG last year are listed below. Candidates can consult the NEET PG 2023 syllabus for
further details on the topics covered.
1. PART A: 50 Questions
- Anatomy - 17
- Physiology- 17
- Biochemistry - 16
2. PART B: 100 Questions
- Pharmacology - 20
- Microbiology -20
- Pathology -25
- forensic Medicine -15
- Social and Preventive Medicine 20
3. PART C: 150 Questions
- Medicine including Dermatology and Venereology & Psychiatry - 45
- Surgery including Orthopedics & Anaesthesia & Radiodiagnosis - 45
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology - 30
- Pediatrics - 10
- ENT - 10
- Ophthalmology - 10
1. The student will be awarded four marks for each correct answer.
2. For every incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted.
3. If a question is unanswered, no mark will be deducted.
Preparation Tips for NEET PG 2023
- At this point, panicking isn't going to help. It is preferable to concentrate your efforts on developing and sticking to a realistic plan. Because the syllabus is so large, it's best to prioritize each subject's chapters based on the weighting and frequency of questions in past test papers. It's preferable to divide your subjects into four groups and prepare for each one separately. You can only take one combination test at a time.
- Every week, you can take two great tests by merging two sets to cover 8-9 subjects at once. The tests can be obtained from any coaching class or online platform of your choosing.
- Taking two weekly tests will help you identify your weak spots so you can work on them. Regularly taking examinations will help you overcome your fear and gain confidence.
- You'll need a combination of speed and accuracy to obtain the best grades. You should aim to complete 50-60 MCQs per day. These questions are available in any app.
- You can reduce errors by sharpening your knowledge of existing topics. Starting new topics at this point could squander time and leave you unprepared, leading to mistakes and a loss of marks.
- Your own notes, which you made while researching a topic, are the most significant weapons in your armory. You can speed up the process by reviewing the notes during this time. If you don't already have your own notes, you should start making them right away for the most crucial topics.
Previous year NEET PG Cut-off
The cut-off mark is the minimum score required to pass the admission examination. However, the NEET PG 2023 Cut Off Mark differs depending on the candidate's category. The authorities will announce the cut-off marks for each category. There will be no opportunity for the answer sheet to be re-evaluated. As a result, the final list will be based on the rank generated at the time of the announcement of the results.
Each category's cut-off marks will be different. The NEET PG 2023 cut-off is calculated based on a variety of parameters including the overall number of candidates, the number of qualifying candidates, the previous year's cut-off, the difficulty level of the paper, and reservation criteria.
- General Category Students have to score more than 50%
- SC/ST/OBC Category Students have to score more than 40%
Official Contact Details for NEET PG 2023