What is JIPMER PG?
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research Post Graduate, Puducherry
- This is a national-level exam.
- JIPMER conducts the JIPMER PG test for admission to various 3 year PG medical degrees, but
candidates must pass the JIPMER 2023 exam for admission to a 6 year PG program. Candidates who
pass the JIPMER PG test will be accepted into their applied program at the JIPMER campuses
- The JIPMER PG 2023 Exam Pattern consists of a 1.5-hour computer-based test with 100
multiple-choice questions (MCQs) worth four points each and a one-point penalty for incorrect
- Although there is no set syllabus for JIPMER PG, candidates should review the major topics
listed in the official brochure.
Who is eligible?
- The Candidate must be an Indian, OCI (Overseas Citizens of India) are required to submit certain
documents to get eligible to this exam.
- Candidates from SAARC Countries will be given preference over other foreign nationals.
- Candidate must have an MBBS Degree or any other equivalent degree from the MCI or State Medical
- Candidates must have a BDS degree or other equivalent degrees from the Dental Council of India
(DCI) or State Dental Council (SDC)
- As per the JIPMER PG/MDS 2021 eligibility criteria in the prospectus, applicants must have
completed their 12 months rotatory internship by December 31, 2021.
Documents Required for JIPMER PG Application Form
Identity Card: It includes an Aadhaar card, ration card, bank
account passbook, passport, or any other government photo ID card.
Personal Details: Personal and communication details include
the name of parents, date of birth, permanent and corresponding address, email id, and mobile
Images: Scanned copy of recent passport and postcard size
photograph, signature, and Category Certificate
Steps while filling JIPMER PG Application form
I. JIPMER PG 2023 New Registration
A. Visit the Official Website, aiimsexams.org
B. Click on, the “New Candidate Registration”
C. Read all the instructions and click Proceed
D. Fill in required information that is marked with *
E. If the filled details are correct then click next and tick all the checkboxes, click next.
F. User ID and the Password will be sent to your Registered communication medium after the
completion of the Registration.
II. Uploading of Scanned Documents:
A. Login with your Registration number and password.
B. Upload Scanned Images of Photograph, Signature, Category Certificate.
A. Rules for Photograph
A. Passport size must be 20Kb to 200Kb and JPG Format.
B. The photograph must be in white background, focusing on 80% face and ears visible. It must not
be with a cap or goggles, spectacles will be allowed only if worn regularly.
C. Polaroid and Computer-generated photos are not allowed.
B. Rules for Signature
A. The Signature of the Candidate must be in his/her running handwriting on White paper with a
Black ink pen.
B. The signature should not be signed in Capital letters and it must be in the range of 20Kb to
200 Kb and JPG Format.
III.Generate registration Unique Code (RUC)
A. Visit the candidate, Login Page.
B. Enter Registration ID, Password, and Captcha Code.
C. The ‘Generate Unique Code’ option will be displayed on the screen.
D. Select the option, verify the details, and generate the code for final registration.
IV. Fill out the Application Form
After completing the basic registration step for the JIPMER PG 2023 application form, aspirants will
be needed to login with their user ID and password to complete the remainder of the application
process. The information entered during registration will appear on the screen, which must be
carefully verified and filled out. The information needed to complete the JIPMER PG application form
is listed below.
A. Visit the Candidate Login Page.
B. Enter User ID, Password and press Enter.
C. Enter Name, Parent’s Name, Gender, nationality, Physically Handicapped or not, Puducherry resident
D. Enter Category Details: Category, State, Indian Sponsored/NRI sponsored aspirants are not and
E. Educational Qualification: Marks in MBBS, Name of Institute, Name of University, Expected Date of
Completion of Internship, Date of Completion of Course.
F. Add your Permanent and present Address.
G. Add your ID Proof details. You can use any Valid ID Proof such as Driving license, Ration Card,
Voter ID, Passport, Bank Passbook, or Aadhaar Card
V. Fee Payment
A. After completing the above steps, you will be redirected automatically to the link for fee
payment; you must follow all the instructions & submit the application fee.
B. You can pay through a Debit card/ Credit Card/ Net banking/ E-wallet.
C. Fee Structure to be Paid online
- General/OBC/OCI - INR 1600
- ST/SC/OBC(NCL) – INR 1200
- Non Resident Indian (NRI) - INR 3000
- A person with a Disability - No fees.
VI. Choose the Exam Centers
A. Aspirants must select three JIPMER PG 2023 exam centers where they would take the entrance exam.
Candidates can review the list of previous year exam centers on the Official Website.
VII. Take the printout of the Confirmation Page
A. After the payment of the fee, a candidate may take out a print of the confirmation page.
B. You can keep at least three copies of the confirmation page.
C. If you are a candidate from Jammu & Kashmir who have opted for 15% seats under the All India
Quota, must retain a copy of the system-generated Self Declaration.
Syllabus for JIPMER PG 2023
While preparing for any exam, Students must be aware of what’s going to come in their way and that
can only be determined by the study of the syllabus. No matter how big or small the exam is,
Syllabus is the basis of every study, and preparing accordingly will help in the long run.
1. MD/MS Course
- Microbiology and Forensic Medicine
- Toxicology & Biostatistics
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Community Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Nuclear Medicine
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Blood Transfusion Medicine
2. MDS Course
- General Anatomy including embryology and histology
- General human physiology and Biochemistry
- Dental Anatomy
- Embryology & Oral Histology
- General Pathology and Microbiology
- General and Dental Pharmacology
- Therapeutics General Medicine General Surgery
- Dental Materials
- Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology
- Oral Medicine and Radiology
- Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Public Health Dentistry
Study Material for JIPMER PG 2023
We have compiled a list of JIPMER PG suggested books for applicants who are looking for some good
JIPMER preparing books. Examine the list and begin your preparations.
- Across: A Complete Review of Short Subjects (Volume 1) by Sibani Mazumdar
- Objective NCERT at your Fingertips - Biology
- 12 Years Solved Papers CBSE AIPMT & NEET
- Across: A Complete Review of Short Subjects (Volume 2 by Saumya Shukla
- Across: A Complete Review of Short Subjects (Volume 3 by Saumya Shukla
- Across: A Complete Review of Short Subjects (Volume 4 by Saumya Shukla and Anurag Shukla
- Across: A Complete Review of Short Subjects (Volume 5 by Saumya Shukla
- Review Of Pathology And Genetics by Gobind Rai Garg and Sparsh Gupta
- Self Assessment & Review ENT by Sakshi Arora Hans
- Review of Microbiology & Immunology by Apurba Sankar Sastry
- Review Of Pharmacology by Gobind Rai Garg and Sparsh Gupta
- Self Assessment & Review Obstetrics by Sakshi Arora Hans
- Self Assessment & Review Of PEDIATRICS by Arvind Arora
- Review Of JIPMER Post Graduate Medical Entrance Exam Supplement by Arvind Arora
- Self-Assessment & Review Medicine (Part A & B) by Mudit Khanna
- Review Of Preventive & Social Medicine by Vivek Jain
- Surgery For PGMEE by Ashish Amit
- Target AIIMS JIPMER by Kumar
Exam Pattern of JIPMER PG 2023
Before applying for any exam, we need to get familiar with Exam patterns. This will not only help you
in planning your paper but also keep you mentally prepared. We have jotted down the points that
students need to know before applying for this JIPMER PG Exam
- JIPMER PG exam is an Online based Computer Test, which is an Objective type paper.
- The Duration of the exam depends on the type, of course, you are opting if you are opting;
- MD/MS - 3 Hours
- MDS - 1.5 Hours.
- Both the course i.e. MD/MS and MDS will have a single shift of paper, which means the exam will
start at 10 AM.
- The student will be awarded 4 marks for each correct answer.
- For every incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
- If a question is unanswered, no mark will be deducted.
Preparation Tips for JIPMER PG 2023
- First and foremost, you must devise a study strategy for the entire JIPMER 2023 course. All you
have to do now is plan how you'll get through the entire curriculum in the time allotted.
Prepare a strategy and implement it. Learn about the JIPMER 2023 exam pattern as well
- Make a solid study schedule once you are aware of what you need to study. A well-organized
schedule encourages you to study consistently and regularly. Divide the time according to the
degree of difficulty in each subject. Stick to it religiously and on a regular basis.
- It's critical to be well-versed in the course material. Compile a syllabus's content from all
possible sources and summarize it. Divide the syllabus into sections for the entire time period
leading up to the exam. Make daily brief notes in accordance with the syllabus.
- All candidates are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the exam format. It will
unquestionably assist you in achieving greater exam results. It will inform you of the number of
questions, negative grading, overall marks, and other pertinent information. As a result, plan
your study time according to the exam's format.
- It's critical to be familiar with past exam questions and patterns. Candidates can review prior
year's exam questions, which are widely available on the internet. Collect them all and solve
them on a daily basis. Make sure you understand your concepts so you can answer even the most
difficult questions. This will assist candidates by making it easier to clear their doubts.
- Finally, but certainly not least. Boost your confidence from the first day of study through the
day of the exam. Never let your self-esteem plummets; instead, work to boost it. Never attempt
difficult topics within one or two days of the exam. Instead, use the last few days to review
the courses and themes for which you will be prepared.
Previous year JIPMER PG Cut-off
Here, the previous year's cut-off is given for every category along with the range. Do check it out
and prepare accordingly to get selected for JIPMER PG Exam.
- General Category Students have to score more than 50%
- Unreserved Category Students have to score more than 45%
- SC/ST/OBC Category Students have to score more than 40 %
Official Contact Details for JIPMER PG 2023
- The Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research,
- Website - https://jipmer.edu.in/
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number - 0413-229-8288 / 8573